Last items in stock
How to anchor a boat
- Determine the water depth where you want to drop anchor.
- Calculate the correct amount of anchor scope (a 7:1 ratio is recommended).
- Lower the anchor and let out enough scope, then secure the rope to a bow cleat.
- Ensure there is no drag—use landmarks or onboard electronics to measure movement.
- If needed, reset the anchor.
- To retrieve the anchor, slowly motor toward the anchor while pulling in the rope.
- Remember, never tie off an anchor to the stern of a boat.